Thursday, May 19, 2011

SUMMERRR

Its SUMMER TIME!! Well, it isn't according to the weather, but I survived all my exams, and made it back to the Island. I'm working part-time back at the coffee shop. It's not too bad, Leanne hasn't changed a bit. She still forgets to order stuff, and she takes the lazy way out when she can get away with it. But I can't complain. She is really nice and considerate and she always means well.

I also was fortunate to get hired at the doctor's office part time starting next month!! It will be every Tuesday and Wednesday to just do random stuff around the office. It doesn't sound like much, but hopefully it will give me some skills to get hired on in an optometry office in Sudbury. That't probably just wishful thinking though.

I am currently doing 3 summer distance ed. courses: English, Human Sexuality, and Child Rearing Across Cultures. English is english.... here is a story, now write me an essay on the meaning.. blah! Human Sexuality isn't as... perverted... as it sounds, and it was the only summer bio course I could take, so give me a break! It teaches you a lot about hormones, anatomy, developmental bio. But it also has some akward stuff like arousal techniques. Stuff like that kinda prevents you from reading the textbook in public. Child Rearing across cultures is an anthropoligical course about how children are brought up in different cultures. It it super interesting! I learned that mothers in tribal cultures (like in Africa) carry their child EVERYWHERE. This allows the child to develop better cognitively than western babies since they see a lot more in a shorter period of time. They are also breast fed longer which allows for better nutrition as well as sentimental attachment to the mother. It's got a lot of interesting stuff about raising kids!

Tomorrow is Alyssa's 20th birthday. Twenty sounds SO OLD to me :S! It's scary!!! No more J-14 magazine, or pop and chip parties, or dress up. Now, on to rent, bills, ... LIFE!!!

That's all I have for now... I will leave you with a cute video of Molly driving on Shawn's lap. No poodles were harmed in the making of this video.

No comments:

Post a Comment