Sunday, June 6, 2010

One Exhausted Health Care Aide

The past 3 days I have finished work at midnight and returned at 8 am. That was tiring enough, but then I had to work a double yesterday (16 flipping hours!) and I was so excited to go to bed. Then at 4 am Austin is hustling me out of bed saying I had to go to Wendy's because there were 2 house fired and she needed a babysitter while she came and helped him and Nicole. So I walked there in my pj's and coat. Wendy hadn't even got the call yet and she didn't exactly need me because her mother was there!!! But granny figured "can you stay and watch the kids?" of course I wasn't going to say no, so I crawled in the double bed with Grissom and Talia. I didn't sleep at all, my mind was running a mile a minute and the kids had a hard time getting back to sleep. Then at 5 am Wendy came home. Here I am eating my peanut butter toast and milk and I am so stinkin tired. I am expecting to work another double today because the ladies that didn't show yesterday are scheduled to work today. Expect the worst, hope for the best! Miss you all!!! HUGS

No comments:

Post a Comment